Juice Processing Course
The Juice Processing Workshop was held May 5th & 6th, 2014, at the UC Davis Conference Center, Ballroom B+C, on the UC Davis campus.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for those industry and government professionals working in the area of juice analysis, quality, research standards and regulations. A background in Chemistry, Food Science & Technology or Food Physics/Food Engineering is useful.
- Diane Barrett, UC Davis
- Paul Brocker, JBT FoodTech
- Jun Weng, JBT FoodTech
- Jerry Hougland and Mario Gozzi, CFT Rossi Catelli
- Stefan Topfl, DIL Germany
- Marcia Walker, Evolution Fresh (Starbucks)
- Ken Stewart, Gusmer
- Jeff Brandenburg, The JSB Group, LLC
- Linda Harris, UC Davis
- Marty Stutsman, Food & Drug Administration
- Ron Wrolstad, OSU Emeritus
- Scott Brix, Wildzyme Bioproducts
- Eric Wilhelmsen, Alliance of Technical Professionals
- Bob Durst, Simple Organic Solutions, LLC
Day One - May 5, 2014
- Juice Extraction, Thermal Concentration, and Ice Slurry Generation
- Thermal Pasteurization of Juice with Particles
- Ohmic Pasteurization
- PEF Pasteurization
- HPP processing of Juices
- Juice Filtration
Day Two - May 6, 2014
- Juice Microbiology & HACCP
- Regulatory Overview
- Health Benefits of Fruit Juices
- Enzymes for Fruit Juice Production
- Quality Preservation & Measurement
- Ingredients: Getting what you pay for
- Organic Juices
The enrollment fee of $700.00 includes all instruction, course materials, continental breakfasts, two lunches, morning and afternoon coffee breaks, and a parking permit should you need one.
Accomodations and Parking
The UC Hyatt Place is now sold out for the May 5th - 6th dates.
For other local hotel information please see the Yolo County Visitor's Guide website. From the Visitor's Guide, other nearby lodging:
You might find this page helpful as well: "Welcome to Davis" from the UC Davis Postharvest Technology Research and Information Center. Campus parking permits will be available to those attending the class.
When registering, please check the box on the online registration form if you will need a visitor parking permit. It will be mailed to you prior to the class.